Monday, 27 July 2009
Tactical squad Caesar
final goodie before leaving for holiday: one of the 3 tactical squads of my Ultramarines army! as you can see they are painted in a true oldschool fashion, i really loved all the 2nd edition space marines and the way 'Eavy Metal team painted them. everyone has its chapter livery and tactical markings, with squad number, of course. i am a tidy guy.
- the banner is hand painted: i'm not that satisfied about it
- these miniatures date back 1999 or so
- one marine comes from "armour through ages" mailorder box
- lascannon is the metal one
- the bare head is from the captain sprue, i suppose
- the sergeant is the old sergeant with auxiliary grenade launcher, back from 2nd edition, bought when i was 14... damn, time flies, as Gorilla Biscuits say...